5 Budget-friendly, Last-minute St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Ideas
I love celebrating St. Patrick’s day, but my husband and I are on a budget (we’re trying to pay off debt!) So, I thought I would share are a few ideas to enjoy the day without breaking the bank.
1. Enjoy a free parade or free outdoor concert in your area. These are not only free, but family-friendly ways to enjoy the day.
2. Go for a walk to look for clovers. Maybe you can even find some of the lucky, four-leaf variety! This may sound cheesy, but spending some time outdoors after a long winter can be especially soothing, peaceful, and romantic. This is also good to do with little kids.
3. Watch Irish-themed movies or tv shows. Snuggle up with your date and watch several Irish or St. Patrick’s Day themed shows. You can also cook an Irish-themed dinner together, making this a romantic date.
4. Limit your drinking if you do go out. If you go out with friends, limit how much you drink, so you don’t spend too much money. The more you drink, the more money you’ll spend – both on the drinks themselves, as well as on food. Never drink and drive though – make arrangements for one person to be the designated driver before you start drinking!
5. Have a few friends over for a St. Patrick’s day themed dinner party. Tell each friend to bring a dish to share so you don’t break the bank.
Have any more ideas? If so, please leave them in a comment below!